Friday, July 8, 2011

Pain Pain Go Away

OK, been having work done at the dentist over the past two weeks.  One tooth pulled and a root canal on another one.  Stitches are still in till the 21st.  You would think the pain would be gone.  Its been a week and a half after all, but no the pain is still there.  Is this because of the CML or just because it is what it is?
It is hard to tell. 
Went to have blood work done today, my doctor is out of town so just had the weekly blood taken. Then it was lunch with a friend and a little window shopping therapy. LOL.  Don't have any spare money to just go out and shop, but it is fun to be out with a great friend for a day.
Very hot outside, so had to be careful about being outside too long. I got overheated anyway.  Came home took a cool shower and now am just sitting here trying to relax without taking anything for my headache from the sun and heat or for the pain in my mouth from the dentist work.  Something tells me I will wind up giving in and taking something. 
My chemo makes me tired and so I sleep a lot, because it is summer I can, but once school starts then it is up early and off to work with the great kids.  I teach technology at an elementary school and love my job.  I am hoping that my chemo will not interfere with that.  I was on Nalotnib and became adjusted to the side effects, but my lipase numbers were not pretty and so after a year of trying with no success to adjust it I am now on Sprycel.  Doc has started me at 50mg and will increase it up to 100 mg once he thinks I am ready.  Kind of scarey, but what is the choice.
Oh, I think the mouth pain is winning out and I am going to take something for it. 
If there are more CML patients out there I would love to hear from you.  I know there are a lot of us, but can't find any here in my hometown to either hang with or just talk with.  Off to take a couple of extra strength Tylenol.

No comments:

Post a Comment